About IBEW Local 2
Local Union No. 2 is affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, the oldest and largest electrical union in the world. World-wide membership is approximately 725,000.
The IBEW was founded 1891, when ten delegates representing 286 members met at Stolley's Dance Hall in downtown St. Louis. The IBEW's first president was Henry Miller, a Lineman from St. Louis.
In 1897, Local Union No. 2 was chartered, and began representing construction Linemen in 53 counties in the eastern half of Missouri, from Iowa to Arkansas. Local Union No. 2 has grown to include not only construction linemen, but telephone, cable TV, utility, cooperative, municipal, line clearance, and clerical workers. In 1997, we celebrated our 100 year anniversary.
Local No. 2 is in the 11th District of the IBEW. Our main office is still located in the city of St. Louis, with a branch office in Jefferson City, Missouri. We currently have over 1900 members and are growing.
Page Last Updated: Jun 28, 2012 (12:37:12)